Raw Cacao Powder
Raw cacao powder is the same as raw cocoa powder -- cacao and cocoa are used interchangeably to refer to the basic powder made from whole, roasted cacao beans that have been ground up. Raw cacao refers to the cacao beans and tree that provide the pods used to make chocolate.
Cacao is very nutrient dense,It's high in antioxidants as well as nutrients like magnesium (which can help reduce stress), potassium, and iron. Cacao is also high in healthy fats to help us stay satiated and energized, she adds. Another perk to cacao is its alkaloid content.
Cacao packs in more calcium than cow's milk. It's densely packed with iron, magnesium and antioxidants. Consuming cacao can help with issues such as depression, stress, blood pressure and heart health.
Some Highlighted benefits includes:
- 40 Times the Antioxidants of Blueberries. Raw Organic Cacao has over 40 times the antioxidants of blueberries.
- Highest Plant-Based Source of Iron.
- Full of Magnesium for a Healthy Heart & Brain.
- More Calcium Than Cow's Milk.
- A Natural Mood Elevator and Anti-Depressant.
How much raw cacao powder should be eaten a day?
The European Food Safety Authority recommends 0.1 ounces (2.5 grams) of high-flavanol cacoa powder or 0.4 ounces (10 grams) of high-flavanol dark chocolate containing at least 200 mg of flavanols per day to achieve heart health benefits.
How to use?
5 simple ways to use cacao powder
- Warm yourself up with cacao powder hot chocolate. Pour some boiling water into a mug containing one teaspoon of Cacao and then stir.
- Treat yourself to a chocolate and banana protein smoothie.
- Kick-start your breakfast.
- Mix things up with flavoursome yoghurt.
- Bake your own treats with cacao powder.